the pencil runs

posts on running

Shoot, where are my shoes?

I have new shoes, but dang it! I miss my old pair. Where are they? Ppppth.

Anyway, I bought a new pair of Asics yesterday evening from Queensway. It looks like this (I am too depressed to take a real picture of the shoes):



The shoes are great though -- I hardly felt them in my run yesterday evening. The store I usually patronise (with the lousy service and good price) actually sold out of the Asics GT-2110, so I tried on the Asics 1110 instead, but it just wasn't as good. Am glad that at least one of the stores had the Asics GT-2110 in stock.

Did you know that Queensway is now fixed-price? I paid about $20 more for my pair of shoes than I did last year, because apparently a new agent has taken over and has decreed that shoes can only be given a maximum of 25% discount. Pppth. Considering that I paid $20 more for the last pair than for the previous pair, and $20 more now for this pair than the lost pair, I would have to conclude that PRICES ARE SKYROCKETING!

Good thing I don't have a gym membership.

I was tempted to get the Mizuno Wave Inspire instead because of the 30% discount for Mizuno Wave Run participants, but it worked out to be only a $20 difference between something I love and trust, and something I'm not too sure about. The Mizuno was okay, but it wasn't the kind of shoe that made you exclaim, "Sweet! You are mine! It's a deal!" the moment you put them on.

I think I will go broke by twenty dollar bills.

| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »

» Post a Comment