the pencil runs

posts on running

Running to the sand

Well, the public holiday has come and gone, leaving me rather shell-shocked.

If anything, one of the better things that came out of this new year period, apart from the money collected, is that I've started running again. I woke up early Monday morning with a craving to lie in the sun and feel the sand between my toes, so I gulped down some coffee and Jacob's breakfast biscuits, and ran to Sentosa.



It was tiring, typically, considering I am so out of shape, but the route was lovely, especially the view of the south coast of Singapore from the "Mythology cycling trail". The Mythology trail is one of the truly awful stretches in Sentosa though. It is full of "artefacts" put along the trail in the early 90s. How much more artificial can it get?

At the last red dot at the bottom of the map, I took off my running shoes, dug my toes in the warm sand, and read 9 chapters of Matthew. I practically had the beach to myself. What a lovely start to the day. Am seriously considering becoming an islander and making this a habit.

It was only 8km but it is a start.
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »

» Post a Comment