the pencil runs

posts on running

Sheares Bridge Run



An epiphany after the run -- the view from the Sheares Bridge looks a lot better when you are in a car, preferably air-conditioned.

It was hot. Thank God for clouds though, 'cos it could have been hotter. I was wearing this blue sleeveless top which had two layers of material for some inexplicable reason. It was so thick that the safety pin could not penetrate both layers and I had to content myself with piercing it through one layer only. I think the next long run I do, I'll have to wear one of my lighter and cooler tops and just get over the four pins holes that I will have to put in them.

They also did not have Gatorade. The 12.6km runners were like the prodigal children in this event -- no baggage services, no Gatorade, no water stations at the starting point... But I didn't mind too much. The race was well planned overall. Near the end of the run, there was a water station which was giving out Gatorade cups and many runners stopped to get a drink, only to find water masquerading as Gatorade. Liars!

Things I consumed the day before the run:

1. 1.5 litres water
2. 2 pieces kaya bread
3. 1 cup coffee
4. 2 half boiled eggs
5. One quarter boiled sweet potato
6. 1 plate duck rice with tofu, peanuts, and half a hard boiled egg
7. 1 cup Sprite
8. 1 Yoshinoya Bento set with rice, beef, vege and tempura
9. 1 cup Japanese green tea
10. 1 bag Taiwanese crispy chicken snack

And for breakfast at 5:50am:

1. 2 pieces kaya bread
2. 1 soft boiled egg
3. 1 cup coffee
4. 150ml water
5. A bit of boiled sweet potato

Very pleased with my carbohydate and water intake before the run. Had to keep going to the loo in the middle of the night, but well worth it.

Now to plan for December!
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »

» Post a Comment