the pencil runs

posts on running

merrily we go around

Date

PlaceTime (mins)Distance (km)Pace (km/h)
Friday, June 17 2005Barker43.87.29.9

This is the fastest time I've done the 7.2km Barker route to-date. The last time I did it in 45.6mins. Come July 27, I will have kept a whole year's record of runs. I love my running log! Watch this space for the final tally.

Also, S got the July issue of the Runner's Magazine from the library. July, my friend! It is like reading it fresh off the press. Gotta love the library in Singapore.

In this issue, they had 6 pictures of "rave runs" from the top 25 cities to run in America. San Francisco, New York, Colorado Springs, even Austin Texas for some reason. Beautiful pics, all of them. It all looks so... un-humid. *envy*

The July issue of Runner's World comes with two different covers. The cover for subscribers show this woman running in San Francisco; the one for newstands show her stretching and smiling with the San Francisco Bridge in the backdrop (see pic on left). I think it is because since they switched to the "pretty-woman-posing-on-front-page" policy, a few readers wrote in and complained about how wimpy they looked. But as we all know, having pictures of women sell. The editor-in-chief of our company told me that himself -- that he would choose a picture over another simply because there is a woman in it. So I guess this way, everyone is happy, meaning the subscribers, the sales team, the man on the street. I think the "rave run" pics more than make up for the posing on the cover though!

I want to send in a picture of someone running with the Esplanade in the backdrop.

| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »

» Post a Comment