the pencil runs

posts on running

Bukit Merah Loop


The first 15 minutes of the run was great. My previous jog was a week ago, and I felt like I missed everything about running -- the repetitive motion of my feet on the pavement, the sweat on the brow, the solitude, the clarity of mind...

Until the stitch hit. I planned to jog slowly anyway, but I didn't think it would be this slow and painful. Seriously, for the next 30 minutes, all I could think of was if my heart was going seize up and if I was going to collapse and die. The pain was just under my left ribs, and I could the throbbing of my heart at that spot. I finally decided that it was a stitch rather than my heart cramping up when I realised it hurt more when I was running downhill rather than uphill. That definitely put my mind at ease. :) I really need to jog more and train up my diaphragm.
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »

» Post a Comment