the pencil runs

posts on running

briliiant fluid gold

I went jogging at MacRitchie yesterday evening. I had forgotten how therapeutic it is to run at the boardwalk there. I started the jog tense and jittery from having been at work all day; I ended relaxed, productive and contemplative.

We started the jog at 6:45pm, and ran at an average pace of 9.6km/h. At the end of the jog, my heart rate was beating 148 times a minute. I did 50 sit-ups, 50 push-ups, 50 tricep pushups, and a few lunges. I would have done more lunges except that I felt somewhat stupid-looking. Perhaps I will cycle instead to build up the quadriceps.

The light from the setting sun reflected off the still water, making the water look like brilliant, fluid gold. There was a strong headwind and many monkeys hanging out on the boardwalk. I’m always petrified of stepping on their tails. You know the saying, “Like a rocking chair in a roomful of long-tailed monkeys?” My buddy and I were two runners on a boardwalk full of long-tailed monkeys AND their babies.

I will have to go back soon.
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »

» Post a Comment